Transcripts & Certificates

IUJ Certificates for Alumni, and how to obtain them

Types of Certificates for Alumni

IUJ issues the following certificates in either English or Japanese to a student or alumni upon his/her written request.


This certifies courses taken, corresponding course titles, number of credits, grade and grade point average (GPA). Items such as the title of the degree conferred and the date of graduation will not be included in the transcript until the student graduates.

Certificate of Graduation:

This certifies that the student graduated from IUJ with a Master’s degree, and specifies the nature of the degree, and when you graduated.

Certificate of Prospective Graduation:

For current students in their last term at IUJ, and in good academic standings, this advanced document can be prepared for Work Visa Application needs, etc.

How to Apply for Certificates

Apply for certificates through the staff of your graduate school by using the designated application form on the office counter.

If you are unable to come to the office, apply in writing (mailed letter or e-mail). The office does not accept any application made by telephone in order to avoid improper issuance. Applicants must be the same person as the one designated on the certificate. Someone other than the person designated on the certificate may apply for a certificate if they have the written and signed consent of the person, and that is available for us to see.

Send e-mail message to:

Be sure to indicate

  • your full name,
  • year of graduation,
  • your IUJ Student Number (if you can recall it).
  • WHAT document you need, how many, and in what language (English or Japanese).
  • Please provide the address to where you would like your documents mailed.
  • Indicate if express mail or normal mail delivery is needed and your willingness to pay for the delivery costs.
  • Indicate how you will pay (see below)

Date of Issue

Certificates become available in the afternoon of the next working day after the application is accepted.


(1) Certificate Fee: 300yen or two (2) International Reply Coupons* per copy

(2) Postage Fee: 400 yen or three (3) International Reply Coupons* per address if the certificate(s) is to be sent in Japan. 700 yen or five (5) International Reply Coupons* per address if the certificate(s) is to be sent abroad. For express mailing, please ask the staff for charges.


The fee can be paid by credit card (though an additional fee may apply), in cash (Japanese yen), Postage Stamps (issued by the Government of Japan) or International Reply Coupons*.

*International Reply Coupon (Coupon-R*ponse International) An international reply coupon is exchangeable in any Universal Postal Union country for one or more postage stamps representing the highest charge fixed for an unregistered letter of the first weight step sent by air to a foreign country. The coupons are sold at post offices that deal with international mail.


If you have any questions, please contact the GSIR or GSIM staff using the email link above.