Events & Updates
Coming near IUJ? Need info on places to stay?
Here are some ideas!
Below is general information
- Hotel Okabe in Urasa (business hotel near Urasa station. 4 smoking and 6 non-smoking) 6,600yen per night. Twin is 12,760 (breakfast is 1,100 for Japanese style and 550 for simple western style) No bus available. http://www.hotelokabe.com/
- Tejimaya Onsen in Urasa (Simple Ryokan with 14 rooms, up to 4 in each room). Normal rates: 7,800yen for adults (12 and over), 6,500yen/child 5-11, and children under 3 free unless they need separate bedding and meals(breakfast service and onsen/hot spring bathing included) Bus service OK. NO Credit Card payments http://www.journal.co.jp/niigata-onsen/onsenyado4/p170-urasa/tejima-frame.html
- Tamonso in Urasa (Simple Ryokan with 8 rooms, up to 4 in each room) 7,500yen for adults, 6,500yen/child 4-12, and children under 3 free unless they need separate bedding and meals (breakfast service and onsen/hot spring bathing included) Bus service OK. NO Credit Card payments http://www.journal.co.jp/niigata-onsen/onsenyado4/p170-urasa/tamon-frame.html
- Paramont in Urasa 4,900yen a night. 3 minute walk from Urasa Station. Large rooms. Credit cards accepted. No bus. https://tabist.co.jp/h/B15HPRM?utm_source=GMB_JP&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=B15HPRM 025-777-5055
- Cycling Terminal in Urasa at Hakkai-san Roku (Ski Lodge, Japan style. 14 rooms for 2-8 people, and one large group room for up to 15 people), 5,600 yen or less – depending on numbers. Japanese-style ofuro public bath only. No toilets in the rooms) Bus service OK. http://www.hakkai-sanroku.com/ Specifically convenient for those interested in cycling on Sunday morning (30 adult bikes and 15 children’s bikes at 400yen each). NO Credit Card payments
- Sakadojo in Muikamachi (Medium class Ryokan/Japanese Inn with 13 rooms for up to 4 people) 10,000yen/adult Friday and Sundays, 12,000yen/adult (breakfast service and onsen/hot spring bathing included) Bus service OK. http://www.sakadojo.com/?page_id=3262
- For other places to stay in the area, please google “MinamiUonuma Hotels” or AirBnb
Recap from 2020-21, and upcoming events.
With the Pandemic, Alumni Relations events went online with some amazing ZOOM reunions by class, by region, and across the Globe with two 24 hour continuous sessions hosted by the Alumni Executive Council with help from Chapter Chairs in each time zone.
We are hoping 2022 will allow for more face to face events, and continuing ZOOM events as well. Here are some things to watch for.
- next September for World Wide Friday,
- Bonenkai 2021 in early November (held online)
- Special events for the 40th Anniversary — NOW OPEN FOR Sign Up!!!! May 28 events
- Open Day on campus in May 28 2022
- June 12 for the Gourmet Marathon,
See you there!