Events & Updates
Recap so far….
May 2022 was IUJ’s 40th Anniversary. We very much enjoyed about 100 alumni coming back to campus for various events for and with alumni. Read the July 2022 Newsletter for details. More events are planned throughout 2022.
In late Nveomber, we enjoyed a face-to-face Bonenkai for the first time in 3 years. It was a wonderful gathering of young and old, and interaction between them all.
– What is coming up?
February 18 is iUJ Ski Day. Alumni are welcomed to join in the fun. Details sent to Alumni in Japan by email.
May 27 is IUJ Open Day / International Festival. Come play!
September 8 is IUJ Worldwide Friday 2023. Check with your chapter leader and please join!
Late November will be Bonnenkai again likely at IHouse in Roppongi. Watch for updates. It will also be time to elect a new Executive Council for April 2024-March 2027 3 year term. Interested? Let Gretchen know.
Coming near IUJ? Need info on places to stay?
Here are some ideas!
Below is general information
- Hotel Okabe in Urasa (business hotel near Urasa station. 4 smoking and 6 non-smoking) 6,600yen per night. Twin is 12,760 (breakfast is 1,100 for Japanese style and 550 for simple western style) No bus available. http://www.hotelokabe.com/
- Tejimaya Onsen in Urasa (Simple Ryokan with 14 rooms, up to 4 in each room). Normal rates: 7,800yen for adults (12 and over), 6,500yen/child 5-11, and children under 3 free unless they need separate bedding and meals(breakfast service and onsen/hot spring bathing included) Bus service OK. NO Credit Card payments http://www.journal.co.jp/niigata-onsen/onsenyado4/p170-urasa/tejima-frame.html
- Tamonso in Urasa (Simple Ryokan with 8 rooms, up to 4 in each room) 7,500yen for adults, 6,500yen/child 4-12, and children under 3 free unless they need separate bedding and meals (breakfast service and onsen/hot spring bathing included) Bus service OK. NO Credit Card payments http://www.journal.co.jp/niigata-onsen/onsenyado4/p170-urasa/tamon-frame.html
- Paramont in Urasa 4,900yen a night. 3 minute walk from Urasa Station. Large rooms. Credit cards accepted. No bus. https://tabist.co.jp/h/B15HPRM?utm_source=GMB_JP&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=B15HPRM 025-777-5055
- Cycling Terminal in Urasa at Hakkai-san Roku (Ski Lodge, Japan style. 14 rooms for 2-8 people, and one large group room for up to 15 people), 5,600 yen or less – depending on numbers. Japanese-style ofuro public bath only. No toilets in the rooms) Bus service OK. http://www.hakkai-sanroku.com/ Specifically convenient for those interested in cycling on Sunday morning (30 adult bikes and 15 children’s bikes at 400yen each). NO Credit Card payments
- Sakadojo in Muikamachi (Medium class Ryokan/Japanese Inn with 13 rooms for up to 4 people) 10,000yen/adult Friday and Sundays, 12,000yen/adult (breakfast service and onsen/hot spring bathing included) Bus service OK. http://www.sakadojo.com/?page_id=3262
- For other places to stay in the area, please google “MinamiUonuma Hotels” or AirBnb
Recap from 2020-21, and upcoming events.
With the Pandemic, Alumni Relations events went online with some amazing ZOOM reunions by class, by region, and across the Globe with two 24 hour continuous sessions hosted by the Alumni Executive Council with help from Chapter Chairs in each time zone.
We are hoping 2023 will allow for more face to face events, and continuing ZOOM events as well. Here are some things to watch for.
- 2nd Friday of September for World Wide Friday,
- Bonenkai 2022 in early November in Tokyo (held in person?)
- Special events for the 40th Anniversary — November and December conferences in Tokyo that may include alumni
- Possible Alumni Conference and Networking weekend in Thailand late March 2023 (let us know if you are interested)
- Open Day on campus in May 27 2023
- June 11, 2023 (?) for the Gourmet Marathon,
- and more!
See you there!