Events & Updates
IUJ World Wide Friday is September 7, 2018 or a day convenient to our Chapter Leaders. Here are the plans.
2018 Events We Know About
Osaka: Ibrokhim is trying to create an event! Contact him on Facebook WeLoveIUJ page.
New York City: September 7, 6:30 at Tir Na Nog Irish Bar & Grill – Penn Station, 254 West 31st Street, New York 10001 Host is Amy Osborn 551-655-0276. Please RSVP here: http://evite.me/mSzVXMSSvN
Singapore: September 7, hosted by Priyanshu S. https://www.facebook.com/events/863977463808611/
Hong Kong: Sat, 8 Sep 2018 Time: 7 pm to 10 pm Venue: A Japanese restaurant, to be confirmed. Contact is Carson
Niigata City: September 7, 2018 Time: 18:30-20:30 Place: International Barcode Address: 248 Honchodori 5 Bancho, Chuo Ward, Niigata-city, Niigata Prefecture 951-8067 Tel: 025-378-4338
Please inform your participation by responding to the email sent on Aug 10 by August 30, 2018!
Kathmandu: Pankaj is working on arrangements for Sept 7 or 8. Contact him!
Kuala Lumpur: 7 Sept 2018 / Friday 730pm Location: Tony Roma’s (Level 5, Nu Sentral Shopping Mall) – Melorina is your contact person.
Manila: Andee has a plan going!
Afghanistan: September 7. Contact Farshid
Brisbane: September 12 with Ken Kikkawa
Ulaanbaatar: Friday 7th of Sep at Solar Gastropub in Ulaanbaatar city. Ganzorig is contact person
Delhi: Sep 7, 2018 (Fri), 18:30hrs onwards Venue: Tales and Spirits, 15/90, P Block, Outer circle, Connaught Place, New Delhi Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/
Copenhagen: 07 Sept from 17.00 CET Farkod will be watching for your at Welcome to Visit Carlsberg – The Copenhagen Exbeerience
Completed events for 2018:
Cambodia: 17 August 2018 at Mojo Restaurant and Pub in Phnom Penh City. Host is Vichet (new chapter leader to be selected!)
Laos: Saturday August 25 2018. Place: Don Chan Palace Hotel Time: 18.00-22.00. Cntact is Bounwathsana
Brussels, Belgium: September 5, invited by Pascal, to attend an “afterwork” free seminar with reception.
Mid June 2019
We are considering creating an alumni weekend with the Gourmet Marathon that runs through campus. If you are interested, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming near IUJ? Need info on places to stay?
Here are some ideas!
- Hotel Okabe in Urasa (business hotel near Urasa station. only 10 single rooms available on May 13 night: 4 smoking and 6 non-smoking) 6,156yen per night. (breakfast is 1,080 for Japanese style and 540 for simple western style) No bus available. http://www.hotelokabe.com/
- Tejimaya Onsen in Urasa (Simple Ryokan with 14 rooms, up to 4 in each room) 7,800yen for adults (12 and over), 6,500yen/child 5-11, and children under 3 free unless they need separate bedding and meals(breakfast service and onsen/hot spring bathing included) Bus service OK. NO Credit Card payments http://www.journal.co.jp/niigata-onsen/onsenyado4/p170-urasa/tejima-frame.html
- Tamonso in Urasa (Simple Ryokan with 8 rooms, up to 4 in each room) 7,500yen for adults, 6,500yen/child 4-12, and children under 3 free unless they need separate bedding and meals (breakfast service and onsen/hot spring bathing included) Bus service OK. NO Credit Card payments http://www.journal.co.jp/niigata-onsen/onsenyado4/p170-urasa/tamon-frame.html
- Cycling Terminal in Urasa at Hakkai-san Roku (Ski Lodge, Japan style. 14 rooms for 2-8 people, and one large group room for up to 15 people), 5,360 yen or less – depending on numbers. Japanese-style ofuro public bath only. No toilets in the rooms) Bus service OK. http://www.hakkai-sanroku.com/ Specifically convenient for those interested in cycling on Sunday morning (30 adult bikes and 15 children’s bikes at 400yen each). NO Credit Card payments
- Ryugon in Muikamachi (high class Ryokan/Japanese Inn 18,000yen – 22,000yen/person depending on numbers in each room (breakfast service and onsen/hot spring bathing included) Bus service OK. http://www.ryugon.co.jp/
- Sakadojo in Muikamachi (Medium class Ryokan/Japanese Inn with 13 rooms for up to 4 people) 10,000yen/adult Friday and Sundays, 12,000yen/adult (breakfast service and onsen/hot spring bathing included) Bus service OK. http://www.sakadojo.com/?page_id=3262
- For other places to stay in the area, please google “MinamiUonuma Hotels” and reserve on your own.
For questions and comments, please contact email@example.com
Last Saturday of April (for 2018, with Ramadan scheduling): International Festival (Open Day)