Events & Updates
Recap from 2020
With the Pandemic, Alumni Relations events went online with some amazing ZOOM reunions by class, by region, and across the Globe with two 24 hour continuous sessions hosted by the Alumni Executive Council with help from Chapter Chairs in each time zone.
We are hoping 2021 will allow for more face to face events, and continuing ZOOM events as well. Here are some things to watch for.
- next September for World Wide Friday,
- Bonenkai 2021 in early November (tba)
- Special events for the 40th Anniversary are being planned
- Open Day on campus in May 2022
- mid June for the Gourmet Marathon,
See you there!
Coming near IUJ? Need info on places to stay?
Here are some ideas!
- Hotel Okabe in Urasa (business hotel near Urasa station. only 10 single rooms available on May 13 night: 4 smoking and 6 non-smoking) 6,156yen per night. (breakfast is 1,080 for Japanese style and 540 for simple western style) No bus available. http://www.hotelokabe.com/
- Tejimaya Onsen in Urasa (Simple Ryokan with 14 rooms, up to 4 in each room) 7,800yen for adults (12 and over), 6,500yen/child 5-11, and children under 3 free unless they need separate bedding and meals(breakfast service and onsen/hot spring bathing included) Bus service OK. NO Credit Card payments http://www.journal.co.jp/niigata-onsen/onsenyado4/p170-urasa/tejima-frame.html
- Tamonso in Urasa (Simple Ryokan with 8 rooms, up to 4 in each room) 7,500yen for adults, 6,500yen/child 4-12, and children under 3 free unless they need separate bedding and meals (breakfast service and onsen/hot spring bathing included) Bus service OK. NO Credit Card payments http://www.journal.co.jp/niigata-onsen/onsenyado4/p170-urasa/tamon-frame.html
- Cycling Terminal in Urasa at Hakkai-san Roku (Ski Lodge, Japan style. 14 rooms for 2-8 people, and one large group room for up to 15 people), 5,360 yen or less – depending on numbers. Japanese-style ofuro public bath only. No toilets in the rooms) Bus service OK. http://www.hakkai-sanroku.com/ Specifically convenient for those interested in cycling on Sunday morning (30 adult bikes and 15 children’s bikes at 400yen each). NO Credit Card payments
- Sakadojo in Muikamachi (Medium class Ryokan/Japanese Inn with 13 rooms for up to 4 people) 10,000yen/adult Friday and Sundays, 12,000yen/adult (breakfast service and onsen/hot spring bathing included) Bus service OK. http://www.sakadojo.com/?page_id=3262
- For other places to stay in the area, please google “MinamiUonuma Hotels” or AirBnb and reserve on your own.