Career Counseling and Services (CC&S)

Visa, Housing, etc after search

Information about Negotiations, Guarantors, Visa Changing, Housing, etc.

What to do first when you get a job! Changing your visa status, getting an apartment, health insurance, hankos and more.

PLEASE remember to tell CC&S about your new job!

  • Salary Negotiations when an offer comes in. Includes information on Housing Allowance levels.
  • Short-term, long-term Housing for Internships/new careers, and info on Real Estate Agents in Japan.
  • Housing Allowances
  • Information on taxes for paid internships and links to information on Employment tax laws and rates.

Special Documentation and Request forms

* Change your Visa

If you have an Employment contract in hand, start to change your Student Visa status to a Work Visa as soon as possilbe. It can take up to 3 months to get a Work Visa, and during that time you are not able to earn a salary, leave the country, etc. See the information provided on After Your Search.