Career Counseling and Services (CC&S)
Info for Companies & Recruiters
If you are looking to recruiter from a graduate school quality employees for your Japan or Asia-based offices, you have found the best place to look in Japan. IUJ features top ranked students and the most adaptable recruiting services offered by any graduate program in Japan to meet your specific recruitment needs. Contact us to let us know what you need.
CC&S facilitates introductions to IUJ’s talented pool of MBA, MA and employment & internship candidates. IUJ is a highly ranked graduate school in Asia and Japan, with international competitive programs and graduates. Our students are well-versed in working in an internationally diverse setting in a wide range of careers throughout the world. Most graduates interested in business hope to stay in Japan or in SE Asia. We help you find them.
IUJ Placement Reports
These reports contain statistics for placement into jobs and internships, industry selections, and salary breakdowns for the previous placement season. It describes or services for recruiters and how to work with IUJ. It also explains our Pre-IUJ, DURING IUJ and After IUJ career services for students.
For a quick list of examples of companies that recruited IUJ students and/or hosted interns, please see this information.
Career Counseling and Services offers companies the following services
IUJ Resume Book
Employment & internship candidates for the next season are highlighted in our Resume Book that is available in November each year. Not only hard copies but also online version are available. (Password required. There is no charge for companies and organizations. )
* Please note that those in the MBA and MA programs are available for employment or internships starting in July each year. (1-Year MBA candidates are available for employment in September, Not all candidates place their resumes on the Resume Book. Please contact CC&S if you do not find a candidate suitable.
Summer Internship program
IUJ Interns are available between early July and late September. Some internships last for 3 weeks and others 3 months. Students interning in Japan require only a work permit which IUJ obtains for them. They have health insurance and special internship insurance to cover any damage they may incur at the host company.
IUJ interns may work 8 hours a day during the summer school holidays. Information from the Immigration Bureau about their policies on this issue are at this link (in Japanese).
On Campus Interview Coordination
IUJ can prepare itineraries and confirm scheduling with candidates. While this can happen anytime between October 15 and early June, we invite you to
- On Campus Recruiting – IUJ welcomes companies and organizations to recruit on our campus. To reserve a date for on-campus, or your office interviews, please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org. The recommended recruiting times are:
1st – October to late November
2nd – Mid January through late February – Main Recruiting time
3rd – Early April through Mid May
- We can arrange space for 1-on-1 interviews in up to 5 location simultaneously, group interviews or whatever meets your needs. Please see the description of our facilities.
Candidate Selection Assistance
Companies select candidates (the second option is preferred):
- directly from the Resume Book with our help or on your own. You may contact them directly, or simply inform us who you have an interest in meeting and we will confirm their interests and help you set up interviews via in person on campus or your location, telephone, or video conference.
- from among those students that submit cover letters and resumes in response to job/internship opening announcements posted on our bulletin board (CC&S can draft a poster for your approval, collect applications, and sends them as one group via e-mail or fax.
- By asking CC&S to recommend candidates based on your criteria or from among those that submit information as in #2 above.
On Campus Corporate Presentations or briefings
CC&S announces the event to students, sets up the room including computer presentation facilities according to your needs, and introduces you.
- IUJ offers spacious presentation rooms with seating for up to 180, computer projects and wiring, computers with presentation software, podiums, microphones, video projection, overheads, white boards and anything to meet your presentation needs.
On Campus Corporate Receptions
If a company would like to invite students to a reception that you sponsor, we can arrange the space, the catering, and bill payment based on your stated budget and desired image (simple stand up lunch to evening buffet with drink service).
- With space either just outside the presentation hall, in our campus cafe, or in the lobby or our research institute, a wide variety of corporate receptions can be arranged.
Off Campus recruiting assistance
if you would like to invite candidates to your office for interviews we are happy to help facilitate communications, set up schedules, hand over maps and instructions, or whatever you would need.
Alumni Search Service
Some of our Alumni in the job market are in touch with us and we can introduce qualified candidates. We can provide access to the Alumni Online Resume Bank, or send information to our Alumni Job Hunters Email group. There is no charge to companies for this service.