COVID19 Prevention – What to do if exposed or have symptoms
Prevention and Precautions
IUJ Campus follows the basic precautions against COVID-19, and everyone is asked and expected to participate
- Wear masks
- Wash Hands
- Disinfect hands frequently, and always when entering the IUJ Bus and Cafeteria and gym facilities.
- Social Distance
- Ventilate any closed spaces.
Please keep very vigilant about your condition by taking your temperature each morning before leaving your room.
Prevention is the key.If not, then early detection and preventing any spread becomes the priority. Please fully participate in all prevention protocols for your safety our our entire community. Step one is to isolate yourself, and prepare a list of close contacts. Close Contact is defined as anyone you had contact with two days prior to the first symptom, and 3 days after the first symptom. Contact means eating, talking, singing, playing sports without a mask and within 2 meters of each other for more than 10 minutes.
For more information or concerns, please contact the OSS firstname.lastname@example.org x103
UPDATE August 2022
Please read this very informative article on the new strains. It includes an animated graph of infection rates. Further updates on the situation in Japan can be found at this Kyodo New Site
What to Do If You have Symptoms of COVID 19
Please return to your dorm room/off campus residence immediately (or faculty housing) and call to the Office of Student Services (x103) or Dorm Director (x555) in non-business hours (faculty, please contact the OGA at x101). They will support you as follows:
- Ask about various symptoms you may have (Sore throat and fever are the current main symptoms – August 2022).
- Ask you about your travel and where you may have been exposed: where, when, who, situation. We will keep this private, but please help by sharing your information.
- Please share your Close Contact list at this time as well. (Definition above).
- Get you an Antigen test kit. If positive, will help you consult with the clinic for final diagnosis remotely!
- Call to the local Health Services Center on your behalf to receive their advice and guidance. During this time, do not leave your room.
Students on Campus: For support with food, drink, etc., please call upon your IUJ Buddy Team (listed on the OSS Bulletin board). Your buddy team can bring you what you need, leaving it outside your dorm room. Please keep a larger than usual social distance, opening your dorm room door only after they have left the area. Use Messenger video chat, etc. to keep in to contact with your buddies and the OSS.
Off campus students: Please rely on your family members for support when possible. However, they likely will need to isolate as they are close contacts. Please ask your IUJ neighbors for support or contact the OSS if this is not possible. Be sure your contact information is registered with the OSS.
For details and additional information, please consult with the OSS or Health Officials.