To train leaders who can contribute to the practical resolution of global problems facing people living in various countries and regions in the world, as well as organizations including governments, companies, and NGOs, and to extend public and social benefits globally.
In order to make this possible, IUJ offers a place to foster these leaders’ professional knowledge and skills regarding politics, economics and management, and to help them achieve a deep understanding of and human respect for different cultures.
With these priorities as guiding principles, and the awareness of the immense value of training the complete individual, IUJ has a number of specific strengths.
IUJ offers highly acclaimed graduate programs in several areas under two graduate schools: Graduate School of International Relations (GSIR) and Graduate School of International Management (GSIM)
Graduate School of International Relations
The Graduate School of International Relations (GSIR) which addresses global issues in the public sector, was established in 1982 to develop global leaders in the 21st century. Many excellent IUJ alumni have emerged from it. In September 2011, MA in Economics track was launched. The GSIR now offers three program with five two-year Master’s Degree programs (see right).
MA in International Relations
- This track is intended to educate effective global leaders in various fields of today’s global society, with deep and multi-disciplinary understanding of politics, economy, and primary societal trends as well as cultural and historical backgrounds.
MA in International Peace Studies
- This track takes on global issues such as armed conflicts and peace building, poverty reduction and development, destruction of the environment and sustainable development, gender discrimination, and all other issues related to “human security.”
MA in International Development
- Toward a peaceful and environmentally-friendly, poverty-free international community, this track prepares professionals tackling development issues equipped with solid expertise, practical skills, and scientific theories.
MA in Economics
- The goal of this track is to equip the students with a comprehensive understanding of contemporary macroeconomic issues and to help them contribute to sustainable economic growth and development in Asia and the Pacific.
MA in Public Management
- The Public Management and Policy Analysis Program is designed to meet the needs of good governance, which is required to implement, administer and evaluate policies in the areas of environmental management, health care, education, and national and regional development.
Graduate School of International Management
The Graduate School of International Management (GSIM) which addresses global issues in the private sector, was started in 1988 as the first U.S. style business school (2-year MBA program) in Japan. In response to today’s business needs, a one-year E-Business Management Program was added in 2001 and also a one-year Intensive MBA program was launched in 2013. The GSIM is ranked as a top business school in Asia.
Master of Business Administration
- The IUJ MBA offers multidisciplinary curricula encompassing all the important core courses including Finance, Marketing, Product Development, Management, IT, and Human Resources Management.
Master of Business Administration
- The one-year Intensive MBA program is designed only for the most capable and best motivated individuals who are willing to go back to graduate school for an intensive 12-month period to turbo-charge their careers to the next level. Students entering this program come with significant functional expertise through their work and are being groomed for potential global general management challenges following graduation.
Master of E-Business Management (E-Biz)
- The e-Business Management Program is a one-year Master’s course that trains managers to add value through technology. Students can choose courses from flexible offerings including MBA classes.
＜For 2019 prospective students>
E-Business Management Program will be discontinued and merged into the IMBA in 2019 as an E-business (E-biz) concentration.
Click here for details
The PhD program,according to specialized research areas,
consists of 3 clusters that are extensions of our 3 existing Master’s programs in GSIR, i.e., “International Development Program,””Public Management and Policy Analysis Program”and “international Relations Program.”
- Economics Cluster(PhD in Economics)
- Public Management Cluster(PhD in Public Management)
- International Relations Cluster(PhD in International Relations)