|Material Type||User Type||Number of items||Length of Loan||Overdue fine||Reservation||Extension|
|Book /Disc for Book||Faculty/Staff||30||One Term||50 yen/day/item||OK (through Online Catalog) when the status is ON LOAN||OK (through MyLibrary-user record) – Only once|
|Students||30||4 weeks||50 yen/day/item|||||||||
|Course Reserve||Faculty/Students/Staff||5||1 day* (Some items are 3-Hour or Photocopy only.)||1000 yen/day/item||Same as book||Available at the counter|
|Faculty/Students/Staff||5||1 day* (Basement journals before 2003 can be kept for 1 week.)||100 yen/day/item||Same as book||Available at the counter|
|1000 yen/day/item||No||Generally available at the counter (Lib office)|
*1 day loans are for 1 night, 2 days (For instance, if you borrow a Course Reserve on Jan. 6, it will be due on Jan. 7, 30 minutes before closing time.).
** 1 day items include those listed above, plus: Disks for Reference materials, Journals, Bound Journals, Thesis/Research Reports, Headphones, Manuals, and LAN Cables.
- You are required to have and show your ID card to check out items from the library.
- All items must be brought to the Circulation Desk to be checked out.
- Return checked out items to the circulation desk, or when the library is closed, to the Book Post located just outside the entrance to the MLIC. Please note that 1 day loan items, such as Course Reserves, Journals, Thesis/Research Reports, Reference materials, CDROMs for Reference, ILL items, etc. must be brought to the Circulation Desk.
- Please DO NOT use the Book Post for AV materials, equipment, overdue items, and 1 day loan items (on the day they are due).
- Please return library books used within the library to the provided book carts. Please DO NOT return them to the shelves yourself.
- If you would like to extend the loan period for an item you have borrowed, please bring it to the Circulation Desk. If no other library user has reserved it, you may renew it.
- Renewal by telephone or without an ID card is NOT permitted.
- You must return all items that are overdue before you can renew any checked out items.
- If another user requests an item you have renewed, you must return it to the MLIC within one week of the recall notice sent to you.
- Borrowed books may be recalled at any time if they are needed for the Course Reserve.
- During the initial 4-week loan period, books are not subject to recall outside of Course Reserve needs. Please note that books recalled for Course Reserve will be subject to the “Overdue Fines for Course Reserve Items” schedule.
- If another student requests a book you have renewed, you must return it to the MLIC within one week of the recall notice being sent to you. Items recalled by another user will be subject to the “Overdue Fines of Regular Circulation Items” schedule.
- You may reserve a library item currently “on-loan” through the MLIC Book Catalog. When the item becomes available, you will be notified by email, and the reserved item will be held at the Circulation Desk for 1 day for Course Reserve items and 2 days for general books. If you have any overdue items, your reservation will not be accepted until the overdue items are returned.
- Overdue fines are assessed from the first day past the due date. There is no grace period.
- Overdue Fines for:
- General books and CDs: 50 yen per day
- Course Reserve Items: 1000 yen per day
- Journals, IUJ Thesis/Research Reports, Reference Books, Reference CDs, Headphones, LAN Cables, etc.: 100 yen per day
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended until all overdue items are returned.
Lost/Damaged Items Policy
- For lost or damaged items borrowed from the MLIC, responsible parties have two options. The library user may:
- Supply a replacement copy of the item of his/her own accord within one month (30 days) of the day the loss or damage is reported to the MLIC and pay the overdue fine for the period from the original due date until replacement plus 2500 yen per item (50% of the library processing cost).
- Pay the total of the replacement copy and shipping plus 5000 yen (cost of library processing).
- If the item is out-of-print or a replacement copy is not available for some other reason, the user will be charged 3 times the original price plus 5000 yen (cost of library processing).