Course Reserve Materials
Course Reserve Materials are books and articles that are required reading for currently offered courses.
Check In/Out Procedures for Course Reserve Materials
- You may check out up to 5 materials at a time.
- Please look up the title of the reserve material you need in the Course Reserve List (blue file) located on the corner of the Circulation Counter to confirm the material you are looking for is on reserve. Also, check the Card Number of the material, indicated in the left-hand column of the Course Reserve List.
- You can also find all information on required texts, books, and materials for courses by clicking the Course Reserves – IR Materials or Course Reserves – IM Materials links located at the bottom of the Library top page or search via the Catalog by using the Course ID.
- Pick up the corresponding card from the trays on the Circulation Counter. The cards are arranged by the family name of the professor offering the course, and in order of the Card Number.
- Give the Course Reserve card and your user ID card to the library assistant at the Circulation Desk, and he/she will retrieve the reserve material for you.
- You can keep a Course Reserve material for 1 Day (1 night and 2 days), and you can renew the material if another user has not reserved it. Please make sure that you return the material by the due date to avoid any fines; there is no grace period for checked out materials. Also, please note that overdue fines (1000 yen per day/item) are automatically calculated by the computing system, and library attendants cannot make changes if materials are returned late.
- Course Reserve materials must be returned to the Circulation Desk. Returning them to the Book Post on the day they are due is not permitted and may result in late fines.
- You may reserve a course material through the online Catalog or MyLibrary if the status is shown as ON LOAN.