The back issues of journals and periodicals published before January 2015 are stored in the basement of MLIC. The basement is a closed stacks area, and retrieval service for materials in the closed stacks are available.
Storage Retrieval Service is available for the following:
- Journals: (before January 2015).
- Back issues of all newspapers are retained for 3 months. Bound editions of the following newspapers are available:
- Asahi Shimbun (from 1952 to 1998).
Note: Asahi Shimbun Online database (KIKUZO-DNA for Libraries) is available since 1984.
- Nihon Keizai Shimbun (from 1977 to 2008).
- Note: 2009 to current issues are available on the 2nd floor.
Procedure and Rules of Storage Retrieval Service
- Fill out the Storage Retrieval Service Request Form available at the Circulation Counter.
- The retrieved materials may be kept at the Circulation Counter for 3 days.
- The Library Staff may limit the number of items to be retrieved at one time.
- You may extend the 3-day holding period by filling out a new request form.
Delivery Time (During term)
|Day||Request received||Delivery time to Circulation Counter|
|Weekday||9:00 – 11:00||13:30 – 14:00|
|11:00 – 15:00||15:30 – 16:00|
|after 15:00||(Mon. to Thu.) 10:00 a.m. on the following day
(Fri.) 19:00 on the following day
|before 18:00||19:00 on the same day|
|after 19:00||19:00 on the following Sunday|
|Sunday||before 18:00||19:00 on the same day|
|after 18:00||10:00 a.m. on the following Monday|
* As to delivery time during holiday, please check the schedule at the circulation counter.