The International University of Japan (IUJ) was founded in 1982 with strong support from Japan's four major business organizations (Japan Federation of Economic Organizations, Japan Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Japan Association of Corporate Executives, and Japan Foreign Trade Council) as a graduate school. IUJ has recently launched a "Global Partnership Program (hereinafter referred to as 'Partnership')" with 38 major corporations in Japan having signed a Memorandum of Agreement with the University.
The Partnership aims to accelerate the HR globalization of Japanese corporations, and also to make IUJ become a leading graduate school in Asia. To achieve these goals, IUJ is partnering with Japanese corporations and will jointly begin the following activities from February 2011:
In order to implement these activities, the following measures will be established:
- GRADUATE EDUCATION
Providing customized programs to company employees with a faculty supervisor assigned to each employee
Partner companies and IUJ collaborating to promote internship placement of IUJ students and employment of IUJ graduates in key roles in order to foster a growth in business activities across borders
Training company employees in programs customized to the needs of companies for management and leadership development, as well as language training (English for Japanese employees, and Japanese for non-Japanese employees)
- JOINT RESEARCH
Promoting joint research programs on global management issues
The President of IUJ, Masakatsu Mori, said "Although Japanese corporations have accumulated substantial funds and technologies, there is a pressing and immediate need for global leaders who can compete efficiently in this multipolar world. I would like to make IUJ the center of global leader development in order to help Japanese corporations, and Japan as a whole, to advance strategic growth."
Regarding the launch of the Partnership, a number of corporate executives issued messages of support:
- Partner corporations will assign a Partnership personnel administrator, and IUJ will appoint a faculty member and a staff member for each corporation
- A Chief HR Officer (CHO) Network will be created to provide a platform to promote globalization and to exchange knowledge and information
- Mr. Fumio Otsubo, President, Panasonic Corporation
"Panasonic has been sending our employees to IUJ for the past 28 years since its foundation ? to fill our needs for well-trained global human resources. With this newly developed Partnership, we would like to actively promote placement, employee training, and joint research projects further."
- Mr. Yasuchika Hasegawa, President, Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. and Vice Chairman & President, KEIZAI DOYUKAI
"The Japanese business community is prepared to support IUJ as a global human resource training hub and hope for IUJ's further advancement. Also, our company expects the Partnership with IUJ to promote our globalization, especially in the Asian markets."
- Mr. Tadashi Yanai, Chairman, President and CEO, Fast Retailing Co., Ltd.
We are very happy to have the following corporations as our partners:
List of Partner Corporations (As of August, 2012)
"The success of UNIQLO relies on how well we can train a large number of store managers. We would like to collaborate with IUJ in training our employees in order to prepare them to work in the global arena. I expect to see IUJ train both our Japanese managers before they receive assignments overseas, as well as our overseas managers (who have been recruited locally) before they are placed in stores in Japan."
(In alphabetical order)
* In addition, one company has signed an agreement.
* Niigata Prefectural Government has signed a "Letter of Agreement for Collaboration".
- Accenture Japan Ltd.
- All Nippon Airways, Co., Ltd.
- Astellas Pharma, Inc.
- CAC Corporation
- CHUGAI PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD.
- COSMO OIL Co., Ltd.
- DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED
- Development Bank of Japan Inc.
- East Japan Railway Company
- Ernst & Young ShinNihon LLC
- FAST RETAILING CO., LTD.
- Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd.
- FUJITSU LIMITED
- GE Japan Corporation
- H.I.S. Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- IBM Japan, Ltd.
- INTELLIGENCE LTD.
- Japan Tobacco Inc.
- Kao Corporation
- Komatsu Ltd.
- LIXIL Corporation
- Marubeni Corporation
- Microsoft Japan Company, Limited.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus Corporation
- MITSUI & CO., LTD.
- Mizuho Corporate Bank, Ltd.
- Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd.
- NAMICS Corporation
- NIKON CORPORATION
- NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION
- Oracle Corporation Japan
- ORIX Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- Pfizer Japan Inc.
- Ryohin Keikaku Co., Ltd.
- SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation
- SMBC Nikko Securities Inc.
- Sumitomo Corporation
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- TEIJIN LIMITED
- TERUMO CORPORATION, Japan
- The Tokyo Electric Power Company, Incorporated (TEPCO)
- TOKYO ELECTRON LIMITED
- Tokyo Stock Exchange Group, Inc.
- YAMATO TRANSPORT CO., LTD.
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation
Global Leadership Program (GLP)|
GLP Course (October 21 - October 25, 2013)
For further details, click here .
- Develops business and intercultural skills necessary for management in the global and multi-culture business environment
- Experienced IUJ’s MBA professors
- IUJ's overseas students as facilitators in all sessions
- Good opportunities to develop cross-industrial networks
- Medium of instruction is English
Executive Development Program (EDP)
May - September, 2013
For further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 025-779-1518.
- Develops the capability to grasp the business as an irreducible whole
- Case studies, group discussions with non-Japanese facilitators
- Experienced IUJ's MBA Professors and prominent professors from abroad
- Networking opportunities
- Weekend program in Tokyo -- all in English
Intensive English Program (IEP)
Mid July - Early September
For further details, click here.
- Eight-week program, offered from mid-July to early-September
- Develops reading/writing and oral communication skills
- Adult international students with work experiences and qualified/experienced teachers
- Small class size (12 students/class)
- Develops cross-culture awareness and leadership skills
Global Partnership (GP) Office|
International University of Japan
777 Kokusai-cho, Minami Uonuma-shi, Niigata 949-7277
Tel: 025-779-1439 (Mon. - Fri. 8:30 AM - 5 PM)