Key Research Activities List
International University of Japan (updated Sep 15, 2011)
Latest information about Prof. Rajasekera's research publications are
found in this page. Copies of some papers are available in pdf format.
- "Undersea Optical Cable Repeater Optimization", Joint patent at AT&T Bell Laboratories (USA). Designed for the world's first under-sea optical cable TAT-8; subsequently, used by Lucent Technologies for all major undersea cable projects, US Patent #4798641 Jan 1989.
- "Mobile-based Business Managing System: Biz-Mode", Japan Patent Application No. 2000-173224, June 2000.
- "Mobile to Mobile Camera Control Model: Momocam", Japan Patent Application SN 2002-33114, Sep 2003.
Papers and Books:
- "Challenges to Toyota Caused by Recall Problems, Social Networks, and Digitization
", Asian Academy of Management Journal (To be published in 2012)
- "Japan Crisis: A Test of the Sensitivity of Global Supply Chains
", Effective Executive (June, 2011 issue) (draft copy)
- "BOP and The Ethical Perspective
", Effective Executive (Volume XIII, No. 07 Jul 2010, pg 74-79) (first 3 pages of the article)
- "Crisis Management in Social Media and Digital Age:
Can Toyota Succeed?", Effective Executive (Volume XIII, No. 05 May 2010, pg 24-29) (first 2 pages of the article)
- "Toyota Type Value Co-Creation in Digital Businesses Using Social Networks", Effective Executive (Volume XIII, No. 04 April 2010, pg 22-28) (first page of the article)
- "Why Apple, Not Sony?", Effective Executive (Volume XIII, No. 02 February 2010, pg 16-23) (first page of the article)
- "What Dilutes the Innovation?", Effective Executive (Volume XIII, No. 01 January 2010, pg 18-23) (first page of the article)
- "Using Kansei Engineering with New JIT to Accomplish Cost Advantage," with Shantanu Dayal, International Journal of Biometrics (IJBM), Vol. 2, No. 2, 2010, pp163-172 (first page of the article).
- "Serving the Poor by Marketing Information: Developing a Sustainable Village Phone Model in Bangladesh," with Md. Shahriar Akter and Md Mahfuzur Rahman, Int. J. Economics and Business Research, Vol. 2, Nos. 3/4, pp288-309, 2010.
- "The Japan Model ? Applied Elsewhere?," Effective Executive, Volume XII, No. 12 December 2009. (first page of the article).
- "Potential Impact of Top Level Domain Name Liberalization on ccTLD," Proceedings of the International Symposium on Country Domain Governance, Nagaoka, Japan, pp 43-49, Nov 20-24, 2008
- "Effective Use of Environmental Management Information Systems with Data Crawling Techniques," with Maung Maung Thant, Ohnmar Htun, Proceedings of the 11th Int. Conference on Humans and Computers, Nagaoka, Japan, pp 263-270, Nov 20-24, 2008
- "Business Cooperation between India and Japan In Relation to Small and Medium Enterprises," Effective Executive, Volume XI, No. 2, Feb 2008. (full article).
- "Risk hedging through forward supply contract and equity ownership in a spin-off decision," with N. Takezawa and K.C. So, Int. J. Production Economics 106, pp532-543, 2007.
- "Modeling Aspects of Japan's Corporate Restructuring," Technical Report of Modeling and Simulation Research, Vol 2, No. 1, pp15-22 (ISSN 1449-5694), Apr 2005.
- "Current Research in Modeling, Data Mining & Quantitative Techniques," with V. Pemajayantha,
R. Mellor, and S. Peiris, Edited Book published by University of Western Sydney, Jan 2004.
- "Filtering Corrupt Data with a Statistical Catalyst Agent," with V. Pemajayantha, Published in the book: "Current Research on Modelling, Data Mining and Quantitative Techniques" Edited by V. Pemajayantha, R. Mellor, S. Peiris, and J.R. Rajasekera; Published by University of Western Sydney, Dec 2003.
- "Evolving Strategic Framework for IT Services in Japan," Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Vol. 4, Nos. 1&2, pp9-14, 2003.
- "Estimating Firm Value Distribution Function by Entropy Optimization and Geometric Programming," with M. Yamada of Tokai International Securities, Annals of Operations Research, Vol. 105, pp61-75, 2001. (first page of the article).
- "Application Development with VisualAge for JAVA (in Japanese),"
With N. Hashiba, S. Yamakawa, and IBM-Japan Staff, Book published by Toppan Japan, Dec 1999 and Jan 2001, 3rd Edition planned.
- "Business Activities Evaluation Analysis," (In Japanese) with M. Yamada of Tokai International Securities, Nikkei Financial, Apr 28 1999.
- "Strategic Challenges for Internet Banking in Japan and Singapore -- Anything to Learn from the U.S.," Monash Mt Eliza Business Review, Vol 1, Issue 2 (invited paper), Dec 1998," pdf file
- "Java and e-business," IAC Working Paper for IBM-Japan, Oct 1997.
- "Entropy Optimization and Mathematical Programming," with S.C. Fang and H.-S. J. Tsao, Book published by Kluwer International, June 1997.
- "E-Money Update," IAC Working Paper, Feb 1997.
- "Interactive Scheduling and Managing a Factory with Shopload Charts," Operations Research and CIM issue of the Japan OR Society Journal (in Japanese), Vol. 40. No. 5, pp250-254, 1995.
- "Endaka + Outsourcing = Higher Profits," Asian Wall Street Journal, July 11, 1995. pdf file
- "Entropy Optimization Models with Convex Constraints," with Dr. S.C. Fang, Information and Computations Journal, Vol 116, No. 2, pp304-311, Feb 1995.
- "A New Approach to Tolerance Allocation in Design Cost Analysis," with Dr. S.C. Fang, Engineering Optimization Journal, Vol. 24, pp283-291, 1995.
- "Benchmarking of AT&T Internal Manufacturing Facilities for Advance Communication Electronics (ACE)," AT&T Bell Labs Internal Report, with D. Bemis, D. Chawla, B.C. Clifton, G. Thaller, Jan 3, 1994.
- "Application of Simulation in Product Costing," New Directions in Simulation for Manufacturing and Communication, eds. S. Morito et al, Operations Research Society of Japan, 1994.
- "Advancement of Company-wide CIM in Japan," with Prof. M. Kuroda, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Edited by A. Sen, J. Winsor, and R. Gay, pp29-34, World Scientific Publishing Co., 1993.
- "Japanese FDI in the U.S. and the Dominant Factors for selection of Locations in the U.S.," Hitachi Report, with Prof Sumita and Mr. Kuratani, March, 1993.
- "Portfolio Optimization with the Entropy Criterion," QUICK Research Institute Research Report 310, with M. Yamada of QRI, Nov, 1993.
- "EDI Networks from Customer to Factory Floor," with Prof. Sumita and Mr. Kuratani, EDI Europe Journal, Vol 3, No. 1, pp27-35, 1993.
- "Diriving an Unconstrained Convex Program for Linear Programming," with Dr. S.C. Fang, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol 75, No. 3, pp609-612, 1992.
- "Minimum Cross-entropy Analysis with Entropy-type Constraints," with Dr. S.C. Fang, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Vol 39, pp165-178, 1992.
- "On Convex Programming Approach to Linear Programming," with Dr. S.C. Fang, Operations Research letters, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp309-312, Aug 1991.
- "A Due-date Assignment Model for a Flow Shop with Application in a Lightguide Cable Shop," with M.R. Murr and K.C. So, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp1-7, Feb 1991.
- "Outline of a Quality Plan for Industrial R&D Projects," IEEE Engineering Management, Vol. 37, No. 3, 1990.
- "On the Quadratically Constrained Information Theoretic Analysis," with Dr. S.C. Fang, Int. Jour. Of Systems Sciences, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp587-591, 1990.
- "Quadratically Constrained Minimum Cross-entropy Analysis," with Dr. S.C. Fang, Math Programming, Vol. 44, pp85-96, 1989.
- "Quadratic Program with a Single Quadratic Constraint," with Dr. S.C. Fang, Jour. of (Chinese) IIE, Vol. 6, pp37-42, 1989.
- "Location-Allocation Problem with Rectilinear Distances," with Dr. S.C. Fang, AIIE Proceedings, Orlando, May 22-25, pp170-173, 1988.
- "Controlled Dual Perturbations for Posynomial Programming," with Dr. S.C. Fang, Euro. Jour. Of Oper. Res., Vol. 35, pp111-117, 1988.
- "A Perturbation Approach to the Main Duality Theorem of Quadratic Geometric Programming," with Dr. S.C. Fang, ZOR Theory, Vol. 31, ppA103-118, 1988.
- "Controlled Dual Perturbations for lp -programming," with Dr. S.C. Fang, ZOR, Vol. 30, pp29-42, 1986.
- "Controlled Perturbations for Quadratically Constrained Quadratic Programming," with Dr. S.C. Fang, Math Programming, Vol. 36, pp276-289, 1986.
Cases and Other Writings:
"Ghosn, Koizumi and Strucural Reform" Glocom Forum, Nov 7, 2003;
Japan Times Editorial Page and Online Version, Nov 26, 2003.
"Mizuho Bank: Disaster of the First Business Day," IUJ Business School Case, Apr 10, 2003.
"Shinsei Bank: Banking on IT," IUJ Business School Case, Apr 10, 2003.
"Hakkai Creates China (A) and (B)," IUJ Business School Case, Aug 1, 2005.