Links to UN bodies, World Organizations and Non-Profits, Development firms/banks, etc.
There is so much out there, but this will get you started.
The CC&S is happy to add any links here you would like. Send us the URLs.
- Official Website locator for jobs within the UN System organizations.
- Major listing of UN Job sites
- Internships within the UN and related organizations - a really good list, but not everything that is out there.
- See the links directly to selected UN organizations and affiliated bodies at the bottom of this page.
- USAID employment site
- Working in International Development. Very descriptive and practical information on career paths, career patterns, ranges and types of organizations, etc.
- Mulitlateral Development Banks Member banks:
- The Internet Non-Profit Center claiming to have more info on non-profit organizations than any other site in the world. Thousands of jobs and internships around the world.
- A List of Think Tanks around the world provided by NIRA, National Institute for Research Advancement, of Japan
- Environmentally concerned organizations an alphabetized list of everything from the World Wildlife Fund to Adopt-a-Cow. Great spots for those interested in networking in the environmental fields.
- Volunteers for Peace over 1,000 work camp opportunities around the world for the summer months. Includes opportunities in Japan, throughout Asia and the developing world.
- CARE One of the leading organizations for development and relief of some of the poorest regions of the world. Learn about their Fellowship Program here. See their CAREers and Internship information.
- The Non-Profit Career Network is an amazing list with addresses and Internet pages for the Non-Profit sector. It has job leads and advice too.
- List of NGOs and Non-Profits in Vietnam
- List of NGOs and Non-Profits in Cambodia
- List of NGOs and Non-profits in Thailand
- Public Service Commission of Canada Listings of major international organizations who are posting vacancy notices or general information concerning employment directly on their World Wide Web or Gopher sites. Written for Canadians, but applicable to all.
- The World-Wide Web Virtual Library: Research Resources Designed for those in International Affairs - highlights organizations in the field by country, nature, topic (politics, environment) etc. Includes research institutes, government agencies, regional search engines, resources for areas studies and organizational research, etc.
- Find businesses involved in International Trade that can use and hire MAs in International Relations.
- International Organizations and Non-Profits based in Geneva, Switzerland .
- International Guide to NGO Activities in Conflict Prevention and Resolution
- Japan Information Network for links to all sorts of government offices, foundations, agencies, businesses, etc.
Employment Information and Vacancy Announcements from Leading World Organizations
List of Other UN related organizations:
Many of the organizations listed below accept online applications, and some require the standardized UN Personal History form . While most of these links are to EMPLOYMENT sites, many lead to Internship information (even though the link is not researched). Some may have internships on an ad hoc basis, and all you need to do is contact the regional office and ask! Also the World Association of Former UN Interns and Fellows has a great list of internships, research funders, etc. Also, see the Internship search information offered by CC&S.
Leading Research Institute with world-wide offices
- CTBTO: Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organization: Click on "Opportunities" on the right margin, and choose Employment, Vacancies.
- FAO:Food and Agricultural Organization
- IAEA: International Atomic Energy Agency
- ICAO: International Civil Aviation Organization
- ICC: United Nations International Computing Center
- ICSC: International Civil Service Commission of the United Nations
- IMF: International Monetary Fund
- IMO: International Maritime Organization for safe shipping and cleaner oceans. Click on Vacancies in the right hand menu
- ILO:International Labour Organization
- IOM: International Organization for Migration
- ITU: International Telecommunications Union
- OECD: Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development - mission - to contribute to improved public policy-making and enhanced international co-operation in a wide range of disciplines that are concerned with the functioning of economies, societies and their core institutions.
- UN: United Nations
- UNODCCP: United Nations Office of Drug Prevention and Crime Control
- UNDP: United Nations Development Program Job Shop. Their official website is here,.Their mission: Partnership to Fight Poverty
- UNEP: United Nations Environment Programme
- UNESCO: United Nations Education Scientific and Cultural Organization - and their internships are noted here. Mission - "to contribute to peace and security by promoting collaboration among nations through education, science and culture in order to further universal respect for justice, for the rule of law and for the human rights and fundamental freedoms which are affirmed for the peoples of the world
- UNICEF: United Nations with their internships noted here. Mission: strives to establish children's rights as enduring ethical principles and international standards of behaviour towards children.
- UNIDO: United Nations Industrial Development Organization and information on their ad hoc internship program - Mission: To improve the living conditions of people and promote global prosperity through offering tailor-made solutions for the sustainable industrial development of developing countries and countries with economies in transition.
- UNFPA: United Nations Population Fund
- UNRWA: United Nations Relief Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) provides education, health, and relief and social services to 3.8 million registered Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, the Syrian Arab Republic, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip
- WFP: The World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency mandated to combat global hunger which afflicts one out of every seven people on earth. Click on Vacancies to see both full-time, temporary staffing and internship information.
- WHO: World Health Organization, or this one for Internships
- WIPO: World Intellecutal Property Organization - Internship information is also noted there. Mission: is an international organization dedicated to promoting the use and protection of works of the human spirit. These works - intellectual property - are expanding the bounds of science and technology and enriching the world of the arts. Through its work, WIPO plays an important role in enhancing the quality and enjoyment of life, as well as creating real wealth for nations.
- WMO: World Meteorological Organization
Have a favorite organization you want linked here? Is one of these links broken or changed? Please inform Gretchen at gretchen <@> iuj.ac.jp - if you can provide the new link that would be wonderful.
List of international NGO's with respective websites
84 sites for job hunters. MANY in development, etc. - PLEASE inform Gretchen if these links are broken.
Eldis Job Websites* offers a wide job-search weblink related to development
Eldis vacancy weblink with the major development agencies * includes academic positions as well
- CSIS: Center for Strategic and International Studies - homepage with internships in research positions, including Center for Preventative Diplomacy, etc. and for employment
AlertNet Job Page (funded and run by Reuters Foundation) * list of mainly humanitarian positions with various NGO's
Department of Public Information, United Nations, maintains an NGO directory where you may customize a list of UN-related NGO's in accordance with your interest with regard to their region, country and field of activities.
American Friend Service Committee (Quaker organization)
Association for Development Cooperation (German language)
American Refugee Committee
Asian Disaster Preparedness Center
Australian Volunteers International
Catholic Fund for Overseas Development
CARE Deutschland (German language)
CARE CARE Oesterreich (German language)
CARE International UK
Catholic Relief Services
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Centre for Development and Population Activities
Children's Aid Direct
CINFO (Center for Information, Counseling and Training Professions relating to International Cooperation) (German language)
Concern Worldwide (empowerment of the poor)
Crimes of War
Doctors without Borders (Medecins sans Frontieres)
Dienste in Ubersee (Church Development Service) (German language)
Deutsche Welthungerhilfe (German language)
European Broadcasting Union
Echanger (French language)
Eirene (Internationaler Christlicher Friedensdienst) (German language
ELDIS (hosted by the Institute of Development Studies, Sussex) * editor's selection of recently advertised development jobs
Emergency Nutrition Network
Entwicklungspolitik Online (German language)
FEMA (U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency)
Food for the Hungry - International Jobs
USA based jobs
Graduate Institute for International Studies
Fondation Hirondelle (Media for Peace and Human Dignity) (French language)
Ibiscus (Systeme d'information pour le developpement)
International Centre for Trade and
International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance
Institute of Development Studies * focus on academic and research positions
International Law Institute (chartered by Georgetown University)
InterAction (American Council for Voluntary International Action)
International Crisis Group
International Medical Corps * jobs not restricted in the medical profession
International Committee of the Red Cross
International Rescue Committee
INTERTEAM (German language)
Journal of Humanitarian Assistance (Department of Peace Studies, University of Bradford)
Lawyers Committee for Human Rights
Lutheran World Relief
Mennonite Central Committee (Christian organization) * focus on volunteer service
Medecins du Monde (French language) Medecins Sans Frontieres >> See Doctors without Borders
Merlin * medical and non-medical vacancies
Norwegian People's Aid (NPA)
(ecology; German language)
OneWorld-Jobs Datenbank (German language)
Overseas Development Institute
Oxfam Community Aid Abroad Humanitarian Relief Register
Peace Brigades International
RedR (disaster relief)
Save the Children UK
Swisscontact (sustainable development in selected countries)
Tear Fund (Christian relief and development charity)
World Wide Fund for Nature
^^ End list added in Spring 2003